The strategy I followed to achieve these great numbers was:
1. Have amazing images and videos
2. Use animated stills, slow motion and timelapse on reels and other effects to grab attention in a non-tacky way
3. Consider a 'branded' look for the feed, use consistent filters
4. Know your intended outcome e.g. 'increase bookings' and your target market well
5. Optimise your bio, proper branding & set up Linktree with links for main CTA's to your website. Keep branding i.e. fonts, colours consistent with website
6. Know your talking points, e.g. products, services, awards, trip advisor reviews, highlights
7. Post regularly, at consistent times, researched to be best for the intended audience
8. Schedule posts in advance using a scheduler like buffer. NB it won't post Carousels and has a limit of 5 @mentions
9. Research hashtags for every post which are relevant and have a mixture of high, medium and low (niche) popularity
10. Get partners to visit your business & create content which they share to their 50-100k+ followers to increase your followers. Also post same content on own IG.
11. Watch out for popular posts with good reach and promote those
12. Make sure posts are in the language of the intended audience(s), in order of priority
13. Consider 'follow to win' competitions with a group of partners who all have to be followed for a chance to win a prize donated by all partners
Please share this page if you found it useful!